Here are some Thinking Prompts you might want to use in combination with the rich media links. Click on a prompt heading on the list below-right. When you find one that suits, simply highlight and copy it. Then paste the prompt into your preferred blog posting along with an embedded video, image, cartoon or …?
The 5 W’s & H
As a class or group answer the questions as insightfully as you can.
Write a headline that captures the most important point of this movie.
Cluster what You See
- Draw or use clustering software
- What’s the main idea or feeling? Put it in the center.
- Work as a class to brainstorm as much as you can about the movie.
- Group or connect any of the items into larger sets.
- What do you see?
- What do you think about that?
- What does it make you wonder?
- What is the main issue or feeling behind the video?
- Search for that theme in Tag Galaxy
- What images presented in the ball match those from your main theme?
- What are stereotypes related to the theme?
- Make a claim about the topic
- Identify support for your claim
- Ask a question related to your claim
What’s so great about…
- Why do you think people say this is so great?
- List what makes it “outstanding?”
- What would you do differently?
KWL: Know – Want to Know – Learned
- What do you already know about this?
- What more would you want to learn?
- What is something new you learned by looking closely?
Pro – Con – Neutral
- Why would people be in favor of this?
- Why would people be against it?
- What would be a neutral position?