The Pre-Planning Stage
- Create a vision statement for the piece you are producing (eg We want to produce a collection of songs that explore the human capacity to survive / We want to produce a documentary that explores what survival means to various people)
- Brainstorm ideas as a group: What aspects of survival do you want to explore? What feelings do you want to explore? What examples can you draw from? Is there anything from the novel Night you wish to explore?
- Produce a comprehensive list of everything that is needed to be written (eg specific scripts, song lyrics)
- Produce a comprehensive list of the other creative tasks to be completed (recording, editing etc)
- Produce a list of people it would be helpful to liaise with to get help on your project.
- Draw up a schedule for what needs to be completed by when and by who. Consider locations and equipment needs in your schedule.
As a group, discuss what you think the biggest challenge will be for this project. Try to come up with some solutions to help you overcome this challenge.
First drafts of all written material should be completed before Camp. We will have three lessons to work on this in class time before camp – you will need to determine your own homework to ensure all first drafts are complete on time. Do not focus on the visual elements yet, that will come later.